Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksfulness-

Thankfulness. This is a word that everyone is talking about this time of year. Even though Thanksgiving comes around once a year, we all are in such a rush to get to Christmas, many of us forget what Thanksgiving is all about. I think God made Thanksgiving for a many good reasons. (He has a great plans you know :)

I have been trying to continually think of things I am thankful for. God has blessed me so incredibly! This is very hard for me, not because I don't have enough to be thankful for, but because I forget alot of times to be thankful, and instead I sit around and complain, or wallow in self-pity :( I have started praying and asking God to remind me of things I am thankful for through out the day, so I can give my utmost thanks to Him, and praise Him for it!

So, today I am thankful for, My amazing family. Not only my wonderful parents and siblings but also my extended family I love so very much!


One last note, something else He has convicted me very much on lately is desiring other man's approval above His. He is my first true love and HE is the one I should desire most of all. Not man's money, approval or time. I realize this in my heart, but the truly hard thing for me is to translate this into my actions, especially around friends. But I have been praying, and I know if it is God's will he will give me His strength so I can!

I am very excited I am getting to take a trip to Curacao (an Island in South America,) in only one week! I can't wait!! I am going to even get my scuba diving license!

Rebekah



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. You're such a sweetheart. Your blog is great! Keep it up. Have a great time in South America. We visited Chile once and had a wonderful time. :)