Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

LOVE




So something God has put recently on my mind latley- LOVE. This is a subject I could write for years about, but I will only be doing a few posts :)
My first thoughts- LOVE is not taken seriously today. People will say I love you, over and over to different people to the point where it doesn't mean anything anymore.

One thing I started thinking on is, hey God LOVED me enough that he gave His one and only son for me, so that I may be here writing this right now! Now you may have heard this over and over, you whole life. But when you really sit down and think about it is exdradonary. Let me ask you, How many people have given their lives for you, with you having not done ANYTHING to deserve it? That is TRUE LOVE.

But now, how can I seriously apply this to my life. I started thinking a praying about this. My first answer is to LOVE my family. Show them LOVE everyday. If once a day, I count to ten and think of the LOVE Christ gave me, instead of shouting or yelling and stomping off, I will soon have a changing life. Now I am not in anyway saying this is easy, or that I am perfect and I suceed at this all the time. No, in fact that is that reason I am working on it. But I can try, and only by the grace of God will I succeed at ONCE A DAY. Second thing, is to not judge. This is something God has been conviting me on for many years. I do judge. And it is a horrible thing. It can hurt people dearly, it can cause me to not make a friend. So God really hit me over the head this Monday night while we were at bible study. Here are 2 of the verses we read,

Gal 2:6 As for those who seemed to be important—whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance—those men added nothing to my message.

And this has become one of my personal favorites: Acts 10:34-35 4Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.


So God does not give one stinken care about peoples race, looks or beauty. He is the one who died for these people? He knows them by name. Why under heaven should I ever sit there and Judge them? So since God hit me over the head, I have been praying that he help me show LOVE to everyone I meet. Not judge them first off, becuase hey, you never know, the person could be my new life long friend, and I will never know unless I accept them, for who they are. So my first chance trying this out is tomorrow at co-op. I am praying, and we will see.

So that is my first thoughts on LOVE. I know it's basic, but hey, it's LOVE!

It is way late and I need to go right to bed, but I thought I would post a sneak peek of a photoshoot I did of two incredibly cute little girls!




No comments: