Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hawaii-Finale

I am writing this from lovely Wasington DC. Where I currently call home.

Yesterday morning we headed to Cinnamon’s. A restaurant known by Food Network among others. They are famous for their breakfast (Which is what 95% of their menu is) I got their world-renowned Red Velvet Pancakes. They were amazing. If you go there, I would advice you get them, but split them with someone. It was a lot for one person to eat. (I just got two, and only finished about half.) It still poured all day yesterday, but cleared just a few times so I could get a last glimpes of the lovely Island I called home for a month.

Twas’ very sad to leave yesterday night. Ava woke up from nap and just wanted to snuggle for a few minutes. I gladly obliged. Then we danced around the kitchen just one more time to Ours-Taylor Swift.  It’s so funny how I did all these thing a million times while there for a month. But they all take on a new meaning when you are doing them for what is the last time (at least for a while.)


The flights went very well. I slept a little less then I had hoped for, but the reality is there is only so long you can sleep on a plane. J

And now, without further ado, my top 18 favorite things in Hawaii.

  1. The weather
  2. The beach
  3. The amazing people I stayed with
  4. Shaved Ice
  5. The blue, blue water
  6. The weather
  7. Having so many different climates on one island.
  8. The mountains you can see from almost anywhere.
  9. The Disney resort
  10. The weather
  11. It’s own NYC. (Waikiki)
  12. The waves that are oh-so-plentiful
  13. All of the opportunities to be outdoors
  14. The special pineapple
  15. The swap meet
  16. The Hawaiian culture
  17. The rainbows
  18. Did I say the weather?


Goodbye for now Hawaii. I will be back, rest assured.


The curtains I sewed for Ava's room.


My lei they gave me when I arrived. All dried out. Sad to see. But it still smelled good!

The amazing cinnamon roll at Cinnamon's


My red velvet pancakes!

Owen's very yummy hawaiian bread french toast.


Last photo of Hawaii. A very rainy one at that.

Stopped in Chigago
~Rebekah

No comments: