Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Never-dull adventures, peace and mango monkeys.

Some people would call my life crazy. Some would call it insane. Some would call it weird. I like to call it never-dull, and an adventure. Over the last few days I have been hopping back and forth between the Hospital (where my mom is because she just had her hip replaced) and the base hospital (where I am starting to Volunteer with the Red Cross) and babysitting all over the place. Then home. Then cleaning, laundry, cooking and more cleaning.  I can tell you right now I have never appreciated my mother sooooo much.

Monday night before my mom went into have surgery, I was realizing how much I depend on her. And I was starting to miss her before she left. But then I got this great sense, God would be there. No matter that I had a lot on my plate, that mom was gone, that I couldn't text one of my best friends. But I knew that God was there. Then that night, my daily lights study had the perfect verse for me. How lovely is God.

(God talking) " I will extend peace to her like a river, and the wealth of nations like a flooding stream. you will nurse and be carried on her harm and dandled on her knees. As a mother comforts her child so will I comfort you:" ~ Isaiah 66:12-13

How beautiful is this verse! I feel like God said it just for me. Not only do I spend most of my time around children, but my love language is also touch. I know what it means to tenderly hold a sleeping child in your arms. It is incredible to know that this little person it totally depending on you at that moment. I can not even begin to fathom that I of all people can be totally dependent on the God of the universe. I also looked into the words further. Did you know dandled means to pet or pamper? God, GOD!!! Pampers ME!! What? Am I dreaming? That just amazes me. 

Well on to something else. My youth group started back up tonight. I was SOOO happy! I love to spend time with my friends playing games, and worshiping God. Now our youth group is special. Don't get me wrong, my youth group is amazingly awesome!! But let me put it this way. If a monkey holding a mango ran through the room, we probably wouldn't think it was weird at all :) Well off to bed for me!! nighty-night.

~Rebekah


No comments: