Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The expanse of the great blue sky.


(I am experimenting taking pictures with my laptop cam because I am too lazy to go upstairs and get my camera.)
I sit here typing away beneath the expanse of the great blue sky. I love the feeling of spring. Though it comes every year, it some how feels new, fresh, fun, full of life. I can proudly claim spring as my favorite season. Though I love so many things about each of the four seasons our amazing God decided to give us, spring just seems to fit me. The flowers, the birds chirping, the new life stirring, the people moving everywhere, and the kids, restless for summer and the release of school’s tight grip on their time.
Let me make a correction on the above paragraph. I lay here. I lay in my brother’s hammock which I have rented from him for the extent of the afternoon, for the bargain price of $2. I have an almost empty water bottle of strawberry lemonade, and bag of almonds to munch on. How freeing it feels to swing along with the light spring wind, not a care in the world. Well actually, there are many cares, but they have been put aside so that this moment can be taken in, and enjoyed to it’s full potential. 
Though this moment may be a rare one in my life of a never stopping 17 year old, it doesn’t have to be. I have an amazing God who offer’s moments like this to me every single day.  So often it seems, I decide to ignore them, and run for the every daunting tasks the world hands me. I never would truly be care free if it weren’t for my God. But the beautiful think is that I don’ have to stay stuck admits the worlds ideas and plans. I don’t have to be worn down by what they think I should be doing with my time. I can cast every single one of my worries, my desires, upon the one person who I know can take them on- my Lord. And when I do this-though I don’t do it nearly as often as I should-I feel care free. Because I am. Because my God has taken every care from me, and promised that He can handle it, and I know He will do a far better job then I ever would have.
So if you are getting bogged down by this world, by the thought of work tomorrow, or maybe even just the one more load of laundry left for tonight, take every single one of those things that are causing you to feel that way, and throw them, throw them high into the sky, and give them to the person who can take them on. Because He will, without even thinking twice about it :)
Love these verses:
1 Peter 5:7 (New International Version, ©2011)
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Matthew 11:28-30
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
If you have not seen the movie Ramona and Bezzus- watch it. I mean it. go out and rent it tonight. I think it paints such a beautiful picture of what care free looks like. 
Care free does not mean that there will not be hard times, Infact to me, it means the opposite. It means that when those hard times come, I have a perfect assurance that I can throw all of my worldly faults and worries upon Him, and they will be take care of.
Enjoy this spring that is so beautiful gracing DC!
~Rebekah

No comments: