Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Strawberry Picking with a Friend

The other day I got the joy of going strawberry picking with a dear friend of mine! I have had strawberry picking on my list of things to do for quite some time, and I was so excited when strawberries finally came in season! We could not have picked a more perfect day. There were thousands of perfectly ripe strawberries, the sun was shining, there was a light breeze, and not a drop of rain! I think I enjoyed eating the strawberries right of the vine, almost as much as I enjoyed picking my 20 lbs of strawberries. ;)

On our way home my GPS took us for quite the adventure! We ended up winding down a back country road for almost 13 miles, which turned into 45 minutes because of the low speed limit. The silver lining on that long drive was the BEAUTIFUL. You would never guess that just a quick hour later we would be back in the middle of the DC city! We couldn't help but stop and take a few pictures when we saw a field with a white picket fence. I love how the pictures turned out!

The next day we got together and baked 5 pies and canned 14 jars of jelly from our pickings! I still had almost 10 lbs leftover, which went towards making strawberry shortcake for my sister's graduation party!























Doesn't she look just like a model? :)









~Rebekah

No comments: