Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Traveling and such

I wrote the following about a week ago when I was in South Carolina with my best friend. :)


I apologize right now for mu grammar and spelling, i am sitting in a store typing this on my iPad and I don't have time to go through an correct it:)
That is where I am right now. I am visiting my long time best friend. That is inr of the best things about having a father in the military. You have friends from all over the world.
South Carolina is interesting. Iets just say at the moment it is a little too hot and sticky for me. But the beach, oh how I LOVE the beach. I went to the beach yesterday, and did not wear sunscreen. Not the best idea. I normally don't sunburn easily at all, but for some reason in the two hours I was there I got the worst sunburn of my life. As my best friend said, I  was fried. Besides the small factor of getting fried,  had an amazing time splashing and playing in the water, feeling like a little kid again. I love the feeling of letting go, releasing yourself, not caring what other people think. It brings me such joy.

People also take their time. They are not in a hurry nearly as much as in DC. People keep telling me to put away my iPhone when I pull it out, they want to take their time, find stuff on their own. Were as I am used to needing to find information as fast as possible, and people praising me for that ability. I did not realize until i got here just how much DC has changed me. DC is fast-paced, ever-changing, and always moving. SC takes everything slowly and loves to just go along for the ride. I have now realized just how much of a city girl I am, and if I ever go back to living in the "country" I am going to need a big adjustment period. I love how relaxed and enjoyable life is here, but I will admit I do miss the fast pace of the city.

In other notes, I have been having blast. I love to travel. So much.  Though  I do miss my family and friends, and my babies. I dearly miss babysitting and holding sleeping babies, and the fact that the twins I  have been nannying for since they were three months old turn 2 while i am away.

My thoughts are crazy and going a hundred miles per hour, but I'll leave you and let the rest stay in my head where they sound a lot better :)





I hope to be blogging a lot more this month. Some posts that I hope to get written:
My thoughts on baby gear.
Why I love photography.
Why I love blogging.
Life and beyond.
Best friends.




~Rebekah

No comments: