Friday, of this week, my great adventure will begin! In a sense, it has already begun since I am currently packing all of my possessions into two suitcases - definitely and adventure in and of it's self. Everytime I share my new and exciting adventure with people, the first question out of their mouths is: "Are you scared?" To be honest, the first time I got this question it kind of caught me off guard. I had never really thought about my new adventure as something to be scared about. All I keep thinking is how exciting and thrilling it will be! That sweet innocent question though has given me many moments of thinking and now I reply with a confident "no". Not that I don't think I will be challenged over the next two years; because I will be, and probably more than I can even fathom. But that is exactly the reason I picked this school in the first place. I want to be challenged, I want to be put outside of my comfort zone, and most of all, I want to be brought to a place where I have no choice but to fully rely on God.
Thank you all for your many generous gifts contributed to help me become a missionary midwife. I have been completely floored by all the ways God has provided for this first semester! He has been showing me just how much He provides for me - and I am not even in the Philippines yet! Incase you missed the link, you can read more about my mission to the Philippines here.
My prayer requests as I head out into a whole new world in a few days:
- That I won't forget my quiet time with God. I know my life will be going through a lot of crazy changes, but I have found that if my time with God is constant, all the rest of life comes into perspective.
- That I will form deep bonds with my fellow classmates, and we will all encourage and love on one another as we all begin the same journey together!
- Orientation over the next week will go smoothly, and will be the time of adjustment I may need.
- I will let myself feel the emotions. Sometimes when overwhelming things happen to me I tend to go into "robot" mode. Even if it's hard sometimes, I want to let myself feel all of the emotions that come with moving away from home, and moving to a different country.
- That I will be a blessing to all of my new friends, co-workers, and anyone else whom I may meet along the way!
I do not know when I will be able to update you next. It may be from the Philippines! If that is the case, then see you on the other side of world!